Tor 0.2.1.9-alpha STILL BROKEN

Praedor Atrebates praedor at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 18:24:44 UTC 2009

I have not been able to continuously run tor since 0.2.0.31.  EVERY version
since fails to run continuously (0.2.1.7, 0.2.1.8, and now 0.2.1.9).  It
starts fine, it runs for a while, then simply stops running without any error
messages, nothing.  It just stops.

What the hell has been changed in tor to so totally wreck it?  Perhaps core
parts of it should be left as they were in 0.2.0.31 since that works
flawlessly.  I cannot detail the problem since there are no log entries to
show why it is failing.

I am running Mandriva linux 2009.0, kernel 2.6.27.  Tor builds without hitch
and installs without issue.  It simply will not run continuously and will not
produce any log messages as to why.

praedor
--
"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
--H.G. Wells