Maximize Anonymity Services but Minimize 'Abuse Like' Behaviors...

Erik Heidt erik.heidt at artofinfosec.com
Sun Jan 4 03:45:47 UTC 2009

Gregory and Ted -
Thanks for sharing your ideas. The challenge here runs deep...

At this time, I am measuring the 'effectiveness' of my contribution to Tor
though the bandwidth that is used. In 2008, I had over a TBytes of bandwidth
that I didn't use. (Purchased as a part of my server hosting service,
linode.com).

I have re-configured my relay to also accept inbound connections. I feel
like this will have a low probability of creating friction between my
service provider any myself, and as can be seen in the attached graph is
using more bandwidth... So I am able to both contribute bandwidth to the
project and avoid the problems associated with being an exit node.

I am considering running a separate exit note later - just getting my
mind wrapped around all of this...

Again, thanks for your comments...

Erik