setting up a TOR relay

The Doctor drwho at virtadpt.net
Fri Jan 23 17:48:59 UTC 2009

Maurizio Lombardi wrote:

> Considering the fact that my bandwidth is limited to 30 Kb/s (240 Kbps)
> can it works with just 64 Mb of RAM? (Maybe limiting the number of connections?)

I have been trying to run a Tor node on 64 MB of RAM, and it does not
seem to work well.  Tor stays up for two or three hours and then dies
silently.  I've been trying to debug it for a few weeks now and I don't
know if it's a memory limitation or the same bug that's been discussed
in at least one other thread on this mailing list.

> What about 128 Mb of RAM?

No idea.  Post if you give it a try, I'm interested in your results.

--

The Doctor [412/724/301/703]

WWW: http://drwho.virtadpt.net/

...and that is how we know the earth is banana-shaped.