TBB on XP again

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Sat Jan 17 16:53:10 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 07:29:25AM +0000, mikel.anderson at juno.com wrote 3.5K bytes in 70 lines about:
: > ... it doesn't work on my limited-user accounts.  Specifically, the Vidalia control panel status reads, "connecting to a relay directory failed(no route to host)".

How limited is this account?  I setup a non-admin user, started up TBB,
it connects and works just fine.  Did you use the MS admin tools to
further restrict the account?

The problem is here:
"Jan 15 22:12:10.843 [Warning] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 5%:
Connecting to directory server. (Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ];
NOROUTE; count 1;
+recommendation warn)"

You can't open a socket to even talk to anything, which implies
something locally is not allowing the account to use tcp/ip.

--
Andrew