cannot compile 0.2.1.10-alpha

zmj zangmj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 03:33:28 UTC 2009

Nick and coderman, thank you for your responding.
I downloaded the 0.2.1.10-alpha source tarball again
and configure it and make it. It succeeded this time.
It's running normally as a client now. And then I come back to
the first tarball I've downloaded a few days ago, re-
configure it and make it again, also succeed this time.
I just don't know how could this happen.

The compiling is totally according to the instructions
for building Tor from tor-win32-mingw-creation.txt in the
'doc' file. But it's from 0.1.2.19 source tarball. I've
compared this instructions with the new ones from the
new source version(say 0.2.1.10-alpha). No big differences
except the versions: I use MinGW-5.1.3.exe, openssl-
0.9.8g.tar.gz and libevent 1.3e. I'm wondering if I should
change the versions later. But the compiling did succeed
with those older versions. It seems it's not affected.

The config.log is rewritten since I reconfigured it. So I'm afraid I
have lost the script before the successful compiling now.

At last, here's a question which confuse me for a long long time.
Everytime when my PC is running as a relay, even for a
little while, I cannot reach any web pages later. I'm not sure if it
has something to do with the PC itself. The configuration is as follows:
Pentium 4 CPU 2.93GHz,
502MB RAM,
Windows XP Professional(version 2002) Service Pack 3

the bandwidth limits and the exit policies for my relay are
both default in Vidalia, that is >1.5Mbps.