Time Warner bad / VPS recommendations

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:07:11 UTC 2009

Hi!

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Ted Smith <teddks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why put one node online when you could put hundreds online, by creating
> enough incentive to balance the potential risk of ISP complaints?

I do not see those two ideas excluding each other. :-)

So yes, such field in metadata + support for it in Vidalia would be
really great. I see your point and I agree that maybe the possibility
of such donations (and later on when somebody put a node online also
their reality) would be enough push for some to start doing it. I am
little bit skeptical about that though.

But would people (users) donate? Because donations would not be
anonymous (or can they be?) they would in this way somehow say that
they are using Tor (which is maybe something they would like to hide).

I just wanted to stress that there is also another
approach/possibility which uses regular and arranged donations from a
more or less fixed group of people (for each node) to form a new node.

Mitar