Time Warner bad / VPS recommendations

Peter Lombardo pglombardo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 23:39:01 UTC 2009

It's a risk regarding a large number of nodes being run by a single
entity.  The upside to such a business model though would be if they
donated a percentage of profits to the Tor foundation.  If they get
pummeled by C&D letters and eventually shut down, at least TOR can keep
the money for future development.

If I can make a disclaimer, I'm working on such a service where one of
the 'pay for' plans allow for a user to VPN into a TOR server configured
to transparently route traffic over the TOR network.  But we never use
VPS's; only dedicated boxes rented from quasi-random ISPs.  I've limited
it to one TOR box per ISP so far.

Peter

--
Peter Lombardo