Bittorrent

slush slush at slush.cz
Wed Feb 18 23:49:47 UTC 2009

> > Simply I imagine that in same style like ExitPolicy. Did
> > you ask others, why
> > are they using ExitPolicies? I dont think so. It is part of
> > Tor and nobody
> > (as far as I know) is against - because it is free choice
> > of relay operator
> > which kind of traffic he will support.
>
> Yes, but exit nodes already no where your traffic is going (and on which
> port), middle and entrance nodes do not.

You probably mean "exit nodes already know"? Yes, they are and middles not.
Same as for ExitPolicy.

>  If they did, it would defeat the purpose of tor I believe.

Of course, middle nodes have no idea about data they are transporting.

>  Anonymity of requests is not limited to decoupling the destination IP from
> the user, but also to decoupling the type of traffic (i.e port) to the user,
> don't you think?

There isnt any relation between "type of traffic" (port) and user. Exit node
dont know this relation - and it is purpose of Tor. But exit nodes know
target IP/port (it is used in ExitPolicy construct) and I think it can be
handful to support also prioritization. With same reason as ExitPolicy. It
is technically possible and I donst see any security issue with that.

Marek