Bittorrent

slush slush at slush.cz
Wed Feb 18 00:33:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Scott Bennett <bennett at cs.niu.edu> wrote:

>     Really?  I know that seems to be in accord with the received wisdom
> on this list, but I, for one, no longer make that assumption.  For one
> thing,
> my node spends most of the time handling somewhere between 15% and 50% of
> its
> proven data rate capacity.  Occasionally it may sustain on the order of 70%
> or 75% for up to a few minutes at a time.  Also, the torstatus page now

You are probably connected to some other Tor network than me :-). My exit
node was on 100% all the time, until I reject everything except HTTP(s)
traffic.

I think torrents on tor is hard question. We cannot restrict Tor, but
torrenters are annoying us (right, me and some others). I prefer any kind of
port-oriented QoS or so. http should have more priority than non-generic
ports, because, probably, there are users waiting for responses. But it
probably much harder to do than block Tor ips in bittorent clients ;-).

Marek