Time Warner bad / VPS recommendations

Matthew McCabe mateo07 at mrmccabe.com
Tue Feb 3 02:42:01 UTC 2009

So Time Warner Cable finally gave me an ultimatum that either I stop
running Tor or they will shut off my service.  This was after 3 DMCA and
2 general abuse/hacking complaints.  Note that Time Warner does not say
anything about proxy servers in their AUP.  They were just tired of
getting these complaints on my account.  Also, AT&T was not able to
setup DSL service at my location...so I have decided to kill my Tor exit
node.

I would really like to continue running a Tor exit node.  I have looked
at a couple virtual hosting companies such as vpslink and slicehost.
Some of their cheaper plans seem like they would be sufficient for
running a Tor exit node.  Does anyone run Tor on a VPS?  If so, which
company and plan do you use?  Have you gotten any flack for running a
Tor exit node?

Thanks,
Matt