Tor speed

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 19:44:05 UTC 2009

Hi!

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:07 PM, F. Fox <kitsune.or at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand this correctly, node-to-node transmission would still be
> adding another layer of TCP sequencing to any underlying TCP connection
> sent into the network on the client end; however, that new TCP sequence
> wouldn't be "in the clear" as it previously was, but would be
> encapsulated courtesy OpenVPN's UDP engine.

You definitely use better terminology than me. :-)

This is why I wrote that Tor should make a new circuit for every top
TCP-based protocol. So Tor would map TCP connection to one circuit so
other TCP connections would be independent from underlying
transmission errors.

Sorry, I do not know how I would describe this idea better. As is was
only one simple thought: use already implemented things.

Mitar