copyright abuse through tor

Jan Suhr jan.suhr at privacyfoundation.de
Tue Aug 4 19:52:20 UTC 2009

Hi doc!
We, the German Privacy Foundation, regularly receive several of such
requests regarding file sharing. Usually we reply the requestor
explaining that the IP address belongs to one of our Tor servers. Also
we explain what Tor is and that we don't have any logs thus could not
answer their request.

I would advice you to send them a similar reply. Lets see if this is
sufficient. Otherwise it could be important to prove that you are
running a Tor server (I understood you are running it at home?). But
lets see...

Please feel free to contact me directly to prepare a specific answer or
discuss the further procedure.

Best regards
Jan

--