Supercookies

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:58:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 10:28 -0400, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On 08/20/2009 10:09 AM, Ted Smith wrote:
> > You don't "lose most functionality" by using free software.
>
> Not picking on Ted, but this whole thread is off-topic.

Wait, what? The discussion of persistent, hidden, plugin-based storage
is off-topic for the Tor list? I would think that constitutes a security
threat from the perspective of someone using Tor to safeguard their
anonymity. Additionally, the question about Torbutton asked in the OP
hasn't been answered yet.

Or is the "free software is more privacy-safe" subthread the off-topic
one? I would also think that that is on-topic for any anonymity network
list (any anonymity network or PET that has to interact with other
software, at least) but I understand how it is less on-topic than the
primary topic.

Could you clarify this, off-list, if you prefer?