Comcast throws down gauntlet to residential accounts

Jon Cosby jon at jcosby.com
Mon Aug 10 23:04:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 13:22 -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> A right is something someone should not be able to
> prevent you from doing, not something that should be
> provided to you.  I believe that "you have the right
> to be a space tourist if you want to be", but, of
> course, that does not imply that I believe that you
> should be able to become a space tourist for $10
> (unless someone offers it to you at this price
> voluntarily).  The right to do something and the
> means to do it are two completely separate issues.

We aren't talking about the net a source of amusement. It is an
essential means for news, information, communication and political
speech. Consider what some people use Tor for. As it is, access in the
US is controlled by a few powerful telecoms, and if one of them
arbitrarily decides to preclude Tor or other anonymity programs, it will
have wide effects.

I would not use Comcast, wouldn't trust them given their history (e.g.,
BitTorrent). They're under-handed, lying and basically corrupt. To the
OP, consider changing services.

Jon