unsubscribe or-talk

Michael Cozzi cozzi at cozziconsulting.com
Mon Aug 10 21:42:56 UTC 2009

Dan Collins wrote:
> As was noted the last ten times (by my count) someone did this, and as
> you were told when you registered, and as you are told in every email
> sent by this list, and just like any other mailing list using this
> software, of which there are a great many, your message says this:

> and a few lines later,

> Apparently, the illiterate still manage to learn how to subscribe
> to mailing lists (perhaps their kids show them how?), though to what
> purpose is anyone's guess.

    One of the things I love about being an IT Professional is, in
general, being really smart. One of the things I hate about being an IT
Professional is when the "really smart" look down their nose at someone
who apparently can't do something simple.

    USENET from 1992 is pretty much finished and I would personally be
gratified, not that it matters, if you just explained the proper command
to the guy instead of proving to me, and everyone else, that indeed you
have mastered Majordomo.

    I, for one, wasn't impressed. There's probably a good amount of
"user class" subscriptions to this list. Try to remember that those
folks actually get attention from women, and have what we, the IT
People, only dream of: Lives.

    Yes, I've had a bad day. But please... be nice.

    Michael