tor with OpenDNS as default DNS, using Firefox+FoxyProxy

Tripple Moon tripple.moon at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 00:48:45 UTC 2009

Hi all,

This is my 1st posting to this list but nevertheless ill start straight away with a question/problem if you all don't mind :)

The scenario i want to accomplish is:
Using the tor network while DNS queries are resolved using the DNS-servers of OpenDNS without tor complaining with warnings about client supplying only IP-addresses.

What i have done sofar is:
1) I have setup my firefox to use FoxyProxy to contact tor on my localmachine 127.0.0.1 on its default 9050 port as socks proxy.
   I have _disabled_ "Use socks proxy for DNS lookups".
   My scenario-goal works but, this gives the very annoying warning messages, which btw are ofcourse totally to be expected in this case.
2) Same as (1) but this time have _enabled_ "Use socks proxy for DNS lookups".
   My scenario-goal does _not_ work because the DNS queries are resolved by the tor-exit point.
3) Same as (2) but this time i used the follwing config options in torrc:
   'ServerDNSResolvConfFile C:\Program Files\Tor\resolv.conf' and 'ServerDNSDetectHijacking 0'
   With the OpenDNS servers, correctly, listed in the 'resolv.conf' file.
   My scenario-goal does _still_not_ work because the DNS queries are still seemingly resolved by the tor-exit point.

So uhmm....Anyone have any ideas how i can accomplish my scenario-goal?