[Wikitech-l] Planning to tighten TorBlock settings

Grant Heller torstatistics at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 23:46:50 UTC 2009

I view this as an example of "a few bad apples."

FWIW I believe that it is perfectly acceptable for WP to require
contributors who wish to use TOR to contact WP first.  This may not prevent
the most determined vandals from obtaining accounts but troll/abuser
management is part of managing a site that accepts public submissions.

I also believe that there are plenty of "good actors" who simply want to
remain anonymous while contributing to WP and hope that WP would allow these
contributors to do so which would also be beneficial to TOR since it would
demonstrate to public venues that TOR has plenty of users who are good
netizens.

My two cents