flash won't work with Tor enabled

Kasimir Gabert kasimir.g at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 20:01:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Tom Hek <tor at tomhek.nl> wrote:
> Torbutton blocks Flash because Flash doesn't use Tor and would destroy your
> anonimity.
>
> Tom
>
> sean darcy wrote:
>>
>> I have firefox 3.0.1, tor button 1.2, tor-0.1.2.19-1.fc9.i386 ,
>> privoxy-3.0.8-2.fc9.i386
>>
>> flash won't play with tor enabled. tor disabled it works fine.
>>
>> For instance, http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
>>
>> Do I need some new setting?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> sean

If you really need to access a flash script you could set up CGIProxy
(http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/) to route through Tor, and
then connect to a local CGIProxy proxy with it's settings enabled for
rewriting scripts.  This will not, of course, guarantee your
anonymity.  I would combine it by putting the CGIProxy on another
machine (or virtual machine), then set your firewall to block any/all
requests that are not to that machine or localhost.  This should help
protect against failed rewrites by CGIProxy, and potentially retain
the anonymity provided by Tor.  Please correct me if I am wrong!

Kasimir

--
Kasimir Gabert