Ports 465/587 in exit policy (was Re: Update to default exit policy)

Bill Weiss houdini+tor at clanspum.net
Sun Sep 7 20:59:47 UTC 2008

phobos at rootme.org(phobos at rootme.org)@Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 04:14:17PM -0400:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 08:25:20AM -0700, kitsune.or at gmail.com wrote 1.5K bytes in 37 lines about:
> : Supposedly, one of the exit node operators is going to try opening
> : 465/587 where he hasn't done so before.
>
> I've done it.  So far, no complaints.

Something I might not have mentioned before, but seems relevant:

My Tor node runs a medium-load mail server as well, and I've never been
blacklisted for spam stuff [1].  That seems like a decent indication of it
not causing problems given how rabid the anti-spam people can get.

1: I've gotten blacklisted twice by SORBS for "virus" activities, which
were people using IRC (for bad things, I assume) via my node.  That
doesn't count.

--
Bill Weiss

Going from programming in Pascal to programming in C, is like learning to
write in Morse code.
    -- J P Candusso