Force exitnode oddness

John Brooks aspecialj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:38:19 UTC 2008

Tor cares about the hostname it is told to connect to having the
'.exit' suffix - privoxy won't modify that (afaik). What you want to
modify with privoxy is the Host header, so the server you're
connecting to can properly handle virtual hosting. So, you want a
filter rule to modify the Host header and remove '.something.exit'
from the end if present. I'm not a privoxy user myself, so I don't
have any insight on how to actually do that, but I hope that helps.

- John Brooks