How to strictly exclude exit nodes?

Anon Mus my.green.lantern at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 27 13:55:54 UTC 2008

Li-Hui Zhou wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:12:09 +0200
> Martin Balvers <m.balvers at addicts.nl> wrote:
>

>> Li-Hui Zhou wrote:

>>> There's no such options right now.
>>>

>> There is, see http://www.torproject.org/tor-manual.html.en for details.
>>

> If it's StrictExitNodes option that your're talking, I think it only
> applied when there's specific exit nodes with option ExitNodes. I'm not
> sure if it's working with blacklist set by ExcludeNodes or ExcludeExitNodes.
>
> BTW, there's a warn with StrictExitNodes 1
>
> [warn] StrictExitNodes set, but no ExitNodes listed.

I was using Tor stable install (v0.2.0.30 (r15956)) & Vidalia 0.1.8
on win2k and ExcludeNodes does not appear to work.

(or-talk "TOR v0.2.0.30 (r15956) - ExcludeNodes appears to fail" August
25th 2008)

Maybe the problem is related.

Curiously, I have also seen three instances 4 hops circuits and a single
instance of a 5 hop circuit built, according to vidalia's connection
map. Also all 4 circuits had a a curious IP address target with a
UID:443 port exit node, when I was not requesting any traffic!

Not sure quite what to make of it.

Am I trojaned, with a special version of TOR, that does 4 and 5 hop
circuits when it dials home?

-K-