German data rentention law

Karsten N. tor-admin at privacyfoundation.de
Fri Oct 31 09:18:04 UTC 2008

Lexi Pimenidis schrieb:
> Just for their (and your) information: the maximum possible penality
> for non-compliance is 500,000 EUR plus the fees of the law suit.

We are going for a legal non-logging solution and it seems to
possible. May be, we can say more in 4 weeks.

> There got to be another alternative - and I don't refer to logging.

No problem or freaks. But many users are happy, they know and
understand Tor (more or less). How to teach all of them an
alternative? We do not only provide the onion network for freaks. Keep
the users in mind.

Karsten N.