bad exit blacklisting

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Sat Oct 25 01:02:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 11:10:21PM +0200, slush at centrum.cz wrote 2.5K bytes in 49 lines about:
: > as far as I read Tor documentation, I cannot find mechanism, how can be
: > exit node marked as "Bad exit". Is there any standardized mechanism for
: > detecting bad exits and marking them in directory servers?

I believe the answer is the bad node detection would have to run on the
directory servers.

: > Im asking because Im working on automatic bad exit detection and Im
: > interesting, how it can be automatically propagated for wide masses of tor
: > users. Instead of "BadTorNodes page" author, im not paranoid with used
: > algorithm and I can publish source codes (after confirmation on live data).

Is this related to torflow or Coding Project #1 at
https://www.torproject.org/volunteer.html.en#Projects ?

You may want to check out torflow at
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/torflow/

--