Multiple machines using Tor behind NAT

Erilenz erilenz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 12:35:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have several local machines behind NAT which I want to use Tor. Would
I get better performance by installing Tor on each of them, or by having
a single machine with Tor on and then pointing the web browsers on each
of them at the proxy on that box?

If I were to install Tor on each of them, would it be possible for an
observer to see that there are several copies of Tor running from
machines on the same IP? I'm guessing that it would be obvious because
of the increase in the number of directory requests?

If I were to install it on just one box and then point all the other
boxes at it, wouldn't I end up putting all the traffic through a
smaller number of circuits and thus having a slower network?

--
Erilenz