German data rentention law

Sven Anderson sven at anderson.de
Sat Oct 18 17:34:28 UTC 2008

Am 18.10.2008 um 13:46 schrieb Dieter Zinke:
> Tor developers: I demand to ban all german tor server per /1/1/2009
> from the tor network. Don' t trust the german regulators.

This is a joke, right?

1. It is absolutely unclear how this law affects Tor servers. I will
definitely not keep any data, and I anyway don't gather any data which
I _could_ keep in the first place.

2. Even if a court forces the german Tor operators to gather and keep
data, it will be useless because of Tor's design. If you put so much
trust in the Tor nodes and operators in order to trust Tor in general
you shouldn't use it.

Sven