"Waiting for circuit"-problem (newbie)

Buchenstab buchenstab at inode.at
Mon Oct 13 18:20:19 UTC 2008

Thanks again!

Vidalia's Network Map: no, there are no lines on the map; but I've 998
relays listed as "online" at the left side with names and so on. The
window belob says (translated): <empty path> and beside of this <new>.
After some seconds the "new" gets "missed". It seems to check new ways
but actually can't GO one.

In the meantime I've tried to solve my Privoxy problem- I suppose it's
part of the whole problem- but without success. Firefox says: "505;
This is Privoxy 3.0.6 on localhost (127.0.0.1), port 8118, enabled"
and "Connect failed. Your request for http://de.start2.mozilla.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:de:official
  could not be fulfilled, because the connection to
de.start2.mozilla.com (127.0.0.1) could not be established. " Privoxy
starts automatically, so it RUNS. But I can't get a connection outwards.
I tried to find answers on the Privoxy websites on this, but I've done
all I have to do for the installation; also if I change the
netconnection as requested from Privoxy to 127.0.0.1 and 8118 manually
for e.g. Safari, it brings the same information. I can't find anything
else I HAVE to do, to get it work.