Kudos on memory usage in 0.2.X

Matt LaPlante cyberdog3k at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 21:40:30 UTC 2008

I've been running a Tor node on my personal VPS for several months as
a way to "give back" to the community with some of my unused
bandwidth.  My one gripe was that the Tor daemon in 0.1.X sucked a lot
of my very limited memory allocation, even when not accepting exits.
Having recently upgraded to 0.2.X due to its inclusion in Intrepid,
I've seen a *drastic* improvement in memory efficiency.  The new
version appears magnitudes lighter on resources using the same
configuration.  This is a big deal to me, and I just wanted to give
thanks to the developers for focusing on performance as well as
functionality.  Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Matt