is tor an email mixmaster?

M. Peterson petersonmaxx at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 9 17:17:43 UTC 2008

Hi Andrew, you missed one important point, tor-email-button is done in an
email client, which is sending openPGP encrypted emails only,
then you have an exit node, sending the packet to the mail server - or not,
if the mail has not been delivered, the mail was not going out, so the smtp
server sends that notice back.
So everyone who runs tor-email-button in that mail client (we already have
one in mind) is able to send the message out or can pop up the mails (which
should be encrypted).
Well the question is every node or not is an outproxy is not the question,
the question is, if we can architect that for an email client, sending PGP
encrypted mails only, then many problems are solved.