DDoS attacks via TOR?

Marco Bonetti marco.bonetti at slackware.it
Thu Nov 6 08:07:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, November 6, 2008 02:42, Ted Smith wrote:
> In a similar vein, I've heard rumors of DDoS being attempted on hidden
> service targets. My initial reaction was that this would just DoS the
> network, but is there any chance I'm wrong?
You could flood the rendevousz points in order to block the access to an
hidden service, this type of attack is better described in a document
which should be online in the tor svn but I cannot find it anymore[1]. I'm
sorry to be so vague.
Does anyone have a link to the description of avalaible attacks on the tor
network?

ciao

[1]: it's early in the morning and I haven't taken my dose of caffeine
yet, don't be too rude :-P

--
Marco Bonetti
BT3 EeePC enhancing module: http://sid77.slackware.it/bt3/