Problems with irc because of tor?

Praedor Atrebates praedor at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 21:25:46 UTC 2008

Now I'm really lost on this.  Tor quit running (I cannot run tor-0.2.1.7-alpha
for more than a couple minutes, so it seems.  It just suddenly quits without
any errors.  It's running then suddenly it isn't.

Looks like it is back to the previous version again...

That said, tor is down/off and I STILL get the same messages for my IRC
client.  It seems that simply running tor briefly is enough to bork my IRC
client from then on (at least until I reboot)?