Found a bug in documentation on the site?

leandro noferini lnoferin at cybervalley.org
Sun Nov 2 19:05:40 UTC 2008

Ciao a tutti,

I was making some experiments with fetchmail + tor and I found a strange
behaviour: at the address
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorifyHOWTO/EMail
there is this example:

set no spambounce
set no bouncemail
poll provider
    plugin "socat STDIO SOCKS4A:127.0.0.1:%h:%p,socksport=9050"
    protocol imap
    user user with password password, ssl
    mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d userlocal"

but sniffing the  traffic I see a dns query for  the address of provider
_at the beginning_ of session:  looks like fetchmail doing these queries
at the  beginning of the  session without any  help from socat  and only
then it calls socat to download the messages, actually (?) late.

I think this behaviour must at least indicated in that page.

--
Ciao
leandro