exit nodes always also being middle nodes

Drake Wilson drake at begriffli.ch
Sun Nov 2 14:36:38 UTC 2008

Quoth Erilenz <erilenz at gmail.com>, on 2008-11-02 08:50:11 -0500:
> If you run as an exit node, it's my understanding that you also act as a
> middleman node. Would it be possible, and would it be a good idea, to
> add an option such that you only act as an exit node?

And then an attacker can guess that any streams coming in to you must
be exiting from you, as opposed to making it harder for them to know
whether they're exiting there or being bounced somewhere else.

(Note that the attacker may be the middle node, though I'm not sure
that makes a difference.)

   ---> Drake Wilson