Small Sister Privacy Project

Anonymous Sender cypherpunks at mailinator.com
Thu May 1 17:55:02 UTC 2008

Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter, wgasa wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Apologies if this turns out to be off-topic, but I'd say this would be
> the mailinglist for this e-mail.

Anon-server deals with anon mail.

> Two weeks ago I started an open source
> project called Small Sister. The aim of the project is to make
> privacytools more user friendly and people more aware of privacy issues.
> The main trigger for the project is European regulation on Data
> Retention (storing who's e-mailing whom and who's calling who). One of
> the key features is setting up an infrastructure for anonymous e-mailing

The Mixmaster anonymous remailer network offers stronger anonymity than
Tor for e-mail. They can also be combined. (Tor -> Mixmaster)

> without creating a freehaven for spammers.

Outbound SpamAssassin, Hashcash?

> Without doubt Tor will be one
> of the key components of this project, since we don't want to reinvent
> the wheel.

I haven't tried it, but I believe OmniMix by Christian Danner can
deliver messages to the MX using Tor.

http://www.danner-net.de/om.htm

If supported by the MTA, SSL can be used for private delivery. And then
there is PGP to make the message private from the mail server admin.