"unnamed" exit nodes

Anonymous Sender cypherpunks at mailinator.com
Wed May 14 17:00:37 UTC 2008

lg2005 at Safe-mail.net wrote:

> Using tor/vidalia, how can I know the ID number of a tor node? I want to
> put some "unnamed" in my black list, but as a few nodes have the same
> name, it looks hard.

Don't know if it can be done using Vidalia only, but you could copy the
IP address of the node (which is visible in Vidalia) and find its
fingerprint with the help of TNS pages such as:

http://torstatus.kgprog.com
http://torstatus.blutmagie.de
http://tns.hermetix.org

(use the search feature of your browser...)

Why do you want to block it anyway? If it behaves badly, you should
post its fingerprint so that others can block it too, and so the
directory servers can enable its bad exit flag.