controller GETINFO ns/id/fingerprint "s" record

Wesley Kenzie wkenzie at shaw.ca
Wed May 21 22:41:28 UTC 2008

What is the criteria for getting listed as an "Exit" node in the "s" record
for the controller interface's GETINFO /ns/id/fingerprint?

I recently added accept *:443 to my ExitPolicy setting in torrc but it is
not listed as an Exit node, and am wondering why not.  The new ExitPolicy
setting does show correctly in the GETINFO /desc/id/fingerprint data.

Also, where does the data originate from when the controller GETINFO command
is used?  Does it just grab data out of the cached* files on disk?  Or poll
one of the directory authorities?  Or something else?

Wesley