USAF wants to violate federal criminal law

Grant Heller torstatistics at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:50:59 UTC 2008

Fortunately, desire and ability are not the same thing.

While I have to respect that an entity as large, well-funded, and powerful
as the U.S. military represents a credible threat to individual users that
they may select, I don't see them as that kind of threat to ALL users using
the variety of operating systems loaded with so many unique application
installations sitting behind a diverse array of uniquely configured security
appliances.

Of course, for the conspiracy minded, you have to appreciate that the recent
scandals involving chinese electronics, harddrives, etc., that such a plot
just might be in the making with the consumers footing the bill by paying
for hardware and bandwidth. I don't believe that to be the case, but it
might make a good book.