USAF wants to violate federal criminal law

Andrew tor at kleinhirn.org
Sun May 18 14:25:58 UTC 2008

Scott Bennett wrote:
>      For those who are interested in seeing how little difference in principle
> there is between the U.S. government of today and that of Stalin's U.S.S.R. of
> yesterday, check out the article at
>
> 	http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/05/air-force-mater.html
>
> which discusses the Air Force's desire to be able to take over any and every
> computer on the net, regardless of where those computers may be.  They want
> not only to be able to take control of those computers, but also to be able
> to install undetectable spyware.

Sure, I want to take over every computer on the net too...
And by the way, so does the German Federal Police (BKA). Doesn't mean
they can.
Luckily there's always an antivirus-company outside of these countries'
jurisdiction so any "Federal Spyware" would still be detected as exactly
that: Spyware. No German, or U.S., law will stop Kaspersky from treating
that thing as what it is. On the contrary, it's a good sales argument
for Kaspersky ;)

I don't really think this is a threat to the average user or even
criminal. If they were really going to use a Federal Virus of some sort,
it would have to be custom-developed for each and every target so it
won't be detected easily. And no government can afford to employ
something that expensive on a larger scale.
At least I hope so.

Andrew