Gmail/SSL

Mike Cardwell tor at lists.grepular.com
Mon Mar 10 10:40:59 UTC 2008

defcon wrote:

> whatever you do, while in gmail dont exit gmail without logging off,
> if you simply go to any non-ssl google site your cookie will be
> exposed ፡(

These repeated discussions about gmail and ssl make me wary of ever
using their webmail service, or for that matter any other webmail
service with Tor. Just because a website is secure at the moment,
doesn't mean they wont make changes in future which leak your sessions.

It is considerably safer to use gmails secure imap/smtp services rather
than their webmail with Tor imo. More bandwidth friendly too.

Regards,
Mike