I am at my wits end, I cant register for account at digg.com using tor

Sebastian Hahn hahn.seb at web.de
Thu Mar 6 17:01:14 UTC 2008

On Mar 6, 2008, at 5:25 PM, Dieter Zinke wrote:

>> Enabling javascript may display the CAPTCHA, but
>> exposes you to attacks
>> and lowers your anonimity chances.
>>

> Right. But be realistic, even if you are surfing the
> CIA' s website or to top it the FBI (have more VEDA if
> you know what that is), they wouldn' t sniff you. Why
> should they? And if, what are the sniffed infos worth?
> In most cases nearly NULL!
>
> To me it is pure nonsense to use tor and try to
> register with digg. That is idiotic to me!

Please consider this:
By using Tor only for "critical" activities, you allow anyone who
successfully sniffes any traffic to have a high chance to intercept
something interesting. The more "innocent" traffic flows over the Tor
network, the better for those who really need the protection it
provides.

Best
Sebastian