OpenSolaris?

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Wed Jun 4 20:56:19 UTC 2008

coderman schrieb:

> for better performance, you might consider using hardware crypto
> offload to improve throughput.  this is known to work to well, and
> some crypto acceleration is effective enough that the
> compression/decompression is now the bottleneck for a Tor router.
> there are a number of such add in cards and even some CPU's with
> crypto acceleration built in (VIA padlock).

by the way: in comparison with the standard gcc compiled Debian package
on my dual Intel Xeon box Tor performs about 30% better with the OpenSSL
library compiled with Intel's C compiler icc v10.1. In this context the
term "performance" means the ratio between throughput and cpu load.

Compiling the Tor application with icc doesn't change very much.

cheers, Olaf