ktorrent and tor

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Thu Jun 19 11:55:09 UTC 2008

Please explain how these clients can be used to spy the Tor network.
I think the only risk of exposing real ip adddresses would be to
other users of bittorrent.

The latest version of KTorrent is supposed to support socks5 directly,
but we do not want the data packets going over the Tor network
due to the load and also the liability to exit node operators.
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorifyHOWTO/BitTorrent

I saw on the Ktorrent support forum that some problems making it work with proxy
might be due to KDE having its own settings that take effect regardless
of what is done in KTorrent.  If you ask there you will likely get more
informed answers.