Tor 0.2.0.18-alpha is out
arma at mit.edu
Mon Jan 28 22:02:48 UTC 2008
Tor 0.2.0.18-alpha adds a sixth v3 directory authority run by CCC,
fixes a big memory leak in 0.2.0.17-alpha, and adds new config options
that can warn or reject connections to ports generally associated with
Changes in version 0.2.0.18-alpha - 2008-01-25
o New directory authorities:
- Set up dannenberg (run by CCC) as the sixth v3 directory
o Major bugfixes:
- Fix a major memory leak when attempting to use the v2 TLS
handshake code. Bugfix on 0.2.0.x; fixes bug 589.
- We accidentally enabled the under-development v2 TLS handshake
code, which was causing log entries like "TLS error while
renegotiating handshake". Disable it again. Resolves bug 590.
- We were computing the wrong Content-Length: header for directory
responses that need to be compressed on the fly, causing clients
asking for those items to always fail. Bugfix on 0.2.0.x; fixes
o Major features:
- Avoid going directly to the directory authorities even if you're a
relay, if you haven't found yourself reachable yet or if you've
decided not to advertise your dirport yet. Addresses bug 556.
- If we've gone 12 hours since our last bandwidth check, and we
estimate we have less than 50KB bandwidth capacity but we could
handle more, do another bandwidth test.
- New config options WarnPlaintextPorts and RejectPlaintextPorts so
Tor can warn and/or refuse connections to ports commonly used with
vulnerable-plaintext protocols. Currently we warn on ports 23,
109, 110, and 143, but we don't reject any.
o Minor bugfixes:
- When we setconf ClientOnly to 1, close any current OR and Dir
listeners. Reported by mwenge.
- When we get a consensus that's been signed by more people than
we expect, don't log about it; it's not a big deal. Reported
by Kyle Williams.
o Minor features:
- Don't answer "/tor/networkstatus-bridges" directory requests if
the request isn't encrypted.
- Make "ClientOnly 1" config option disable directory ports too.
- Patches from Karsten Loesing to make v2 hidden services more
robust: work even when there aren't enough HSDir relays available;
retry when a v2 rend desc fetch fails; but don't retry if we
already have a usable v0 rend desc.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-talk