directory authority/authorities need(s) updating?

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Sun Jan 27 19:52:19 UTC 2008

     On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:27:01 +0100 Andrew <tor at kleinhirn.org> wrote:
>Scott Bennett wrote:
>|      Last night I reported here that the directory authorities are in
>| disagreement over client-versions and server-versions.  Tonight they are
>| still in disagreement.  The consensus documents still fail to list any
>| development branch versions later than 0.2.0.15-alpha as server-versions.
>|      When will the directory authority operators correct these two
>problems?
>|
>The same notice shows up in my log after installing a fresh Tor
>0.2.0.18-alpha (r13293) around noon today.

     The latest consensus file appears to have 0.2.0.18-alpha listed as
a recommended server version, but not 0.2.0.16-alpha or 0.2.0.17-alpha,
even though it still lists 0.2.0.11-alpha, 0.2.0.12-alpha, and
0.2.0.15-alpha.  Also, the individual status documents are still in
considerable disagreement with each other.  Are the directory authority
operators getting careless?

>By the way, if anyone cares: as of today, my node "cerebellum" is back
>up! Only as a relay for now, but better a fast relay than nothing, right?

     Welcome back!

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG