filesharing with tor and offsystem online storage

Robert Hogan robert at roberthogan.net
Sun Jan 20 19:05:19 UTC 2008

On Sunday 20 January 2008 18:19:30 Michael Schmidt wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> source is here:
> http://offsystem.cvs.sourceforge.net/offsystem/?sortdir=down
>
> On Jan 20, 2008 7:05 PM, Robert Hogan <robert at roberthogan.net> wrote:
> > There don't appear to be any source tarballs and looking at the cvs
> > repository
> > only the project members could possibly know how to put the many modules
> > together.

Yes, that's the cvs repository I was referring to above - there are no tags
there and no source tarballs anywhere else. This means that there is no
source distribution for any of their releases. That's annoying.

I'm guessing that off_network is the main module there but why should I bother
reverse-engineering their build process just to install a possibly broken cvs
version? I want the latest release. It's their funeral at the end of the day
but an open-source project that doesn't release source tarballs is just being
silly.