How many connections through one client? Is there a limit?

kazaam kazaam at oleco.net
Sun Jan 20 18:06:07 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm wondering if theres a limitation on how many connections at once it is good to use for one client. E.g. I'm opening 5 websites through tor in the same moment on my machine. Is there any limitations on client-side? Node-side?

I'm asking this because I'm working on a darknet-indexer for the tor-hiddenservices and the i2p-websites and I now wanna apply multi-threading for it and I'm asking what is a good number of simultanous connections through my tor-client.

greets