via ControlPort, can we build a circuit to a bridge?

Jon McLachlan mcla0181 at umn.edu
Fri Jan 11 01:29:16 UTC 2008

Referring to the spec
http://www.torproject.org/svn/trunk/doc/spec/control-spec.txt, (in 3.10)
it seems like we may have the ability to build/extend circuits through
specific Tor relays.  The spec seems ambiguous if the defined ServerSpec
is specifically a Tor relay and/or Tor bridge.  Reading the Tor bridge
spec
(http://www.torproject.org/svn/trunk/doc/spec/proposals/125-bridges.txt),
the bridge seems uniquely disjoint from Tor relays, in that bridges
publish bridge descriptors to bridge authorities instead of directory
servers.  So, what I am wondering is, can ServerSpec (as defined in the
control-spec above) be used to reference a known bridge, in the
extension of a circuit?

Best Regards,
~Jon