Restrict relay to internet2

Nathaniel Fairfield than at cmu.edu
Wed Jan 9 17:51:18 UTC 2008

Ringo Kamens wrote:
> Couldn't you just make your node a middleman and ban tor from
> connecting to your Internet One Connection? Comrade Ringo Kamens

Sorry, I meant to make clear that my node *is* a middleman, or what I've
been calling a relay.

And as I said in my initial email:

> It seems to me that I could do it with a lot of hairy routing rules,
> but this would be bad because I'd be breaking circuits all the time.

It would be really wasteful if nodes that are trying to make circuits
through my relay don't have any way of knowing that 90% of circuits are
going to fail (because they try to connect to an I1 node).  But maybe
thats ok, or maybe I don't understand how circuits are constructed?

Nathaniel