(tor + linux).install()

Jon McLachlan mcla0181 at umn.edu
Fri Jan 4 17:05:32 UTC 2008

tor user,

  Thank's for the suggestions.  I actually ended up compiling the tor
binary on a different machine with identical architecture, a fully
updated Ubuntu machine (complete with the latest versions of openssl /
libevent successfully installed), manually inserting the "-static"
compiler flag into the Makefile located in tor-dir/src/or.  Then, I took
the binary and simply scp'ed it over the this bare-minimum machine.
This trick seemed to successfully eliminate the broken library dependencies.

Best Regards,
~Jon