Fastmail.fm better E-mail for Tor users than Gmail? HTTPS!

Thomas Barvo luteandflute at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:12:02 UTC 2008

That doesn't matter:

"As I presented in my Black Hat and DefCon talks on Securing the Tor
Network, it turns out that using https for accessing mail.google.com
is not sufficient to protect you from many "Sidejacking" attacks. The
'GX' authentication cookie for mail.google.com is set to be
transmitted for any type of connection (http or https). This is the
only cookie one needs to authenticate to gmail." - Mike Perry,
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/475658

"Researcher: Google Mail vulnerable to sidejacking despite SSL"
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080201-report-google-mail-vulnerable-to-sidejacking-despite-ssl.html

"SSL-encrypted Gmail not safe to 'sidejacking' attacks, says researcher"
http://www.news.com/8301-10789_3-9862242-57.html

"Even SSL Gmail can get sidejacked"
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/wp-mobile.php?p=842

This sidejacking issue is but one of several issues with Gmail I and
others have noticed. Instead of certain people giving me attitude
(poster I'm replying to now excluded) perhaps they should chill and do
some research?